Let’s Jam was both the final project I worked on while at Launch Academy as well as being the first solo project I completed. I was finally able to toy around with a lot of different technologies that I had been wanting to get more exposure to.
The project itself is designed to be a meetup app of sorts for musical teachers and students. Users are able to designate themselves as either a Teacher or Student and then will be able to view different content depending on that designation. This is a front-end heavy application – I intended to create something pleasing to use and view.
- Authentication with Devise
- 2 Types of Users created utilizing a self-join on the User model
- Custom SASS Styling
- Foundation for Grid Structure
- Front End done almost entirely in React
- Backend is Rails
- PostgreSQL database
- Immediate rendering of booked lessons reflected on both User’s account pages.